1. Gujarat has been derived from the sanskrit word Gurjar-rashtra. Gujarat was known as Gurjaratra or Gurjarbarboomi (Land of Gujars) for centuries before the Mughal period.
2. Gujarat has the longest coastline in comparison to any other Indian state.
3. Gujarat has been one of the main centers of the Indus Valley Civilization. It includes the ancient metropolitan cities of the Indus Valley like Lothal, Dholveera and Gola Dhoro. The first port of India was established in ancient city Lothal.
4. Gujarat has the highest number of vegetarians compared to any other state in India
5. Gandhinagar is the most green capital city in Asia.
6. Gujarat's first capital was Ahmedabad; The capital went to Gandhinagar in 1970.
7. In 2010, Forbes listed Ahmedabad as the world's third fastest growing city.
8. Gujarat is the safest state in India. Even after considering the communal riots of 2002, the crime rate is 8.2 which is the lowest in India.
9. Oil refinery in Jamnagar is the world's largest refinery. It is operated by Reliance Petroleum Limited, which is one of the group companies of Reliance Industries Ltd, founded by Dhirubhai Ambani.
10. According to the report of the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), Ahmedabad is the lowest crime rate city among India's tier I and tier 2 cities.
11. India's richest city is Surat; With the average annual household income of Rs. 4,50,000, ahead of Bangalore and Madras. According to the report of the National Council of Applied Economic Research.
Friends, if you like this article then please follow me.