Kia Seltos SUV booking starts today: The South Korean carmaker's first car in India, the Seltos, is now officially available for pre-orders here for a token amount of ₹25,000. The SUV will be available for bookings across all Kia Motors dealerships in India; and don't worry, there are plenty of those. As a matter of fact, the company has already established 265 touch-points in 160 cities so as to make sure that the company's products are easily accessible. With that being said, we are still a little over a month away from Kia Seltos' India launch, which, by the way, will happen on 22 August.
Now, in case you too are planning to buy the Kia Seltos, here are five things you must absolutely know about the SUV.
Kia Seltos: Trims
1. The car will be available in two trims: GT line and Tech Line. Kia Motors India explained that the GT Line is meant for folks who are looking for a performance-oriented car. The Tech Line, on the other hand, is aimed at folks looking for a family car.
Kia Seltos: Engines
2. Kia Seltos will be offered with three BS 6-compliant Smartstream engine options. This will include a 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol, a 1.5-litre petrol, and a 1.5-litre diesel. The 1.4-litre engine will be offered in combination with a seven-speed DCT transmission. Please note that this pairing will be available only under the exclusive GT Line trim.
The other two models, however, will be offered with two transmission options each. The 1.5-litre petrol model's options will include a six-speed manual and an IVT (intelligent continuously variable transmission), while the Kia Seltos diesel can be had with either a six-speed manual or a six-speed automatic.
Kia Seltos: Exterior features
3. What about the exterior provisions? Let's get the colour options out of the way first; you will be able to pick between 8 single tone and 5 dual tone colour options. What else will you get? LED headlights, LED DRLs, LED tail lights, LED fog lamps, 3D multilayer side turn indicator, and crystal-cut alloy wheels among others.
Kia Seltos: Features
4. Kia has sufficiently equipped the Seltos to ensure passengers' entertainment, comfort, and safety. The SUV will feature the world's first smart pure air management system, two-step reclining rear seats, a seven-inch colour LCD instrument cluster, a 10.25-inch touchscreen AVN system, eight-speaker Bose Sound System, second row USB chargers, etc. There will also be the UVO connect system which offers a total of 37 connectivity features spread across five categories -- Navigation; Safety and Security; Convenience; Vehicle Management; and Remote Control.
Kia Seltos: How much will it cost?
5. Kia Seltos' price will range between ₹11 lakh - ₹17 lakh (ex-showroom). We are certain of that, because the company had explicitly stated that at the time of the car's unveiling in India. Anyway, now if you are wondering about its rivals -- well, it will square off against the Hyundai Creta, Tata Harrier, Nissan Kicks, and some Jeep Compass variants as well.