A schoolgirl who suffered anaphylactic shock after eating an ice-cream on a family holiday died from ingredients in the sauce, it is believed.
Habiba Chishti died on Monday, February 18, from anaphylactic shock, two days after suffering a severe allergic reaction, a post mortem revealed.
An inquest held at Halifax Town Hall heard Habiba, nine, was allergic to eggs and nuts.
It is understood it was the sauce on the ice-cream that contained the ingredients that killed her, Examiner Live reports.
Habiba from Halifax in west Yorkshire had only just checked into a beachside resort in Mijas near Fuengirola with her parents and two siblings before making the short trip to a nearby shopping centre where she was treated to an ice-cream.
The family were staying at a upmarket holiday resort called Club La Costa World in Mijas, which is run by CLC World Resorts & Hotels.
Coroner's official Bernard Tate told the court that Habiba was taken to a hospital in Malaga.
However, despite the best efforts of medics they were unable to save her life.
None of her family which includes her dentist father, Dr Wajid Azam Chishti, mother Nadia and two siblings attended the hearing.
Assistant coroner Peter Merchant said: "Clearly, further enquiries will have to be made into the circumstances of her death."
He adjourned the hearing until a date to be fixed.
At the time of Habiba's death tributes were paid to the girl with a 'perfect smile'.
Shaheen Ul-Haq said on social media: "Very heart-breaking news. She, along with her brother and sister used to go swimming with my son and niece every weekend, she was in his class.
"Can't believe I won't see her singing and dancing and that cheeky smile of hers no more."