Mahindra XUV300 takes the third spot in the first month of its sales
- The Maruti Brezza continues to lead the popularity chart with 11,613 units sold in Feb, down by 11.83 per cent compared to Jan 2019.
- Nexon holds on the second spot with 5263 units, up from Jan by 3.29 per cent.
- EcoSport drops to fourth place with the XUV300’s entry.
The February 2019 sales figures are out. Let’s take a look at which sub-4m SUV is the most popular based on monthly sales. Here are the numbers:
Market share current(%)
Market share (% last year)
YoY mkt share (%)
Average sales (6 months)
Maruti Vitara Brezza
Tata Nexon Gains: While the sales of other sub-4m SUV’s have declined in the month of February compared to January, the Nexon’s sales have gone up by 3.29 per cent. It continues to be the second most popular car in the segment with sales of more than 5000 units.
- Tata H2X In Pics: Looks, Interior And Features
Mahindra XUV300 Takes Third Spot From EcoSport: The latest entrant in the sub-4m SUV space, the XUV300, has quickly reached the third spot. In just 15 days of its sales, Mahindra has managed to sell more than 4000 units of the sub-4m SUV, taking the third spot from EcoSport.
- Mahindra XUV300 Bookings Cross 13,000 In Under A Month
Ford EcoSport & Honda WR-V Sales Plummet: Ford and Honda’s sub-4m SUVs came down the ranks on the popularity chart with the introduction of the XUV300. Sales of the EcoSport went down by 30 per cent while WR-V’s sales saw a decline of around 33 per cent.
Mahindra TUV300 and Ford Freestyle try to avoid the last spot: While their siblings fight for the third spot, the TUV300 and the Freestyle remain at the bottom of the table with sales of just over 1000 units, both down by around 30 per cent.