The actor complemented her neon green ensemble with a must-see beauty look at the Berlin Film Festival to celebrate the world premiere of Gully Boy
Alia Bhatt has been venturing down the playful route with her fashion looks lately, picking everything from a sequinned Ralph Lauren dress to a Moschino pantsuit, but her latest showcase took a sharp turn towards a more polished aesthetic. Her recent appearance at the 2019 Berlin International Film Festival saw her in a neon green column gown with a train, designed by her friend Prabal Gurung.
Joining the Gully Boy team (including Ranveer Singh, director Zoya Akhtar and producer Ritesh Sidhwani) for the world premiere of their upcoming film, Bhatt arrived fresh-faced to the red carpet with her hair tied up in a slick low ponytail by hairstylist Priyanka Borkar. Her long-time makeup artist Puneet B Saini added a touch of gold on her eyelids and piled on multiple coats of mascara to complete her look. Scroll ahead for a complete decode, so you can recreate Alia Bhatt’s hair and makeup by yourself at home.
Get the look: Alia Bhatt’s sleek low ponytail and gilded eyelids
- Create a side part and mist hair from roots to ends with the water-based Living Proof No Frizz Weightless Spray—it won’t weigh hair down while nixing frizz. Spritz it on a boar bristled brush too, and comb through your mane.
- Tie a low ponytail at the nape of the neck, and secure with an elastic. Tame baby hairs and flyaways by spraying the Sachajuan Light And Flexible Hairspray along your hairline, and take it on your palms and press it into the hair at the front too.
- For the makeup, start with a hydrating primer and follow it with a luminous finish foundation like the NYX Total Control Drop Foundation. Apply concealer and set it with a translucent powder, which will impart a natural glow to the skin. With a very light hand, dust some blush on the apples of your cheeks. Apply a cream highlighter on the tops of the cheekbones and down the centre of the nose.
- Use a primer on your eyelids to prevent smudging or sliding. Then, with a thick eyeshadow brush, blend in a taupe eyeshadow like the Givenchy Ombre Couture Cream Eyeshadow in Taupe Velours on the entire lid. Apply a golden cream shadow like the L’Oréal Paris Color Riche Le Stylo Smoky Eye Shadow in Le Grand Or on top, and diffuse with your fingers. Concentrate more pigment at the inner corners of the eyes, including the inner corner of the lower lid.
- Using a curved mascara wand like that of the Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara, lightly wiggle the bristles up and out from root to tip to create soft, dense lashes that won’t be weighed down. The tapered end helps to grab the hard-to-get lashes at the corners as well.
- For the lips, choose a velvet finish lipstick in a pale pink that will leave your pout with a sheen, while ensuring it doesn’t look too glossy.
Scroll through our gallery for all the products you need to recreate Alia Bhatt’s latest beauty look by yourself.
L’Oréal Paris Color Riche Le Stylo Smoky Eye Shadow in Le Grand Or
Sachajuan Light And Flexible Hairspray
NYX Total Control Drop Foundation
Living Proof No Frizz Weightless Spray
Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara
Givenchy Ombre Couture Cream Eyeshadow in Taupe Velours
Alia Bhatt shares a sneak peek from inside her “new moving home”
Have you tried Alia Bhatt and Katrina Kaif’s favourite skincare hack?