The Delhi government has announced to start a free-of-cost support to train government school students for NEET and JEE entrance exams, as part of an everlasting social impact activity.
To implement this, Career Launcher, India's leading test-preparation organisation and a division of CL Educate Ltd, has been roped to provide free entrance coaching in schools.
As per the agreement between Delhi govt and Career Launcher, special crash courses to train aspirants for NEET and JEE entrances has been launched.
These students are currently studying under science stream in class 12th in Delhi Government schools. The company also organised a special training session for the Delhi Government school teachers to help facilitate the students' access and learning.
Moreover, Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi, Manish Sisodia also tweeted about the initiative, acknowledging the special guidance provided to Delhi Government school students by the company.
"Since 2015, the number of students getting selected in IIT-JEE have risen from 40-50 to over 300 selections today. This has been the result of constant hard work of the teachers & students of Delhi govt schools. We thank Career Launcher & welcome them in building upon this success. Preparing for competitive examinations is the intended objective, but this exercise will also be intended towards developing a scientific outlook, through exposure to higher applications of science in daily life. I really hope the students make the most of it." said the Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia.
About NEET and JEE free coaching:
- The students will get 130 hours of training, spanning all the four key subjects - Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics
- The classes held during after-school hours, from 7 pm to 10 pm, commenced January 21, 2019
- To be able to conveniently attend these classes from their homes, the students get customiSed and secure individual login credentials on the aspiration.ai portal of Career Launcher
- Additionally, to supplement their learning and get them exam-ready, the students will also have access to an online test series and other required course material for studying, all free-of-cost
- The online test series is specially designed to give the students a real experience of the exam.
Heading this initiative, Mohan Prasad, Content Head, Career Launcher said:
"Our team is proud to offer the Delhi Government its support in launching a much-needed course for its Science stream students: the JEE and NEET Crash Course. Career Launcher can leverage its strong academic competency and online delivery platform to reach to over 5000 students and help them achieve their dreams. We are confident of doubling the number of their IIT JEE qualifiers with this initiative, which has already gone up from 40-50 to more than 300 with Delhi govt's efforts in education, especially since their own teachers and officers of the Directorate of Education are actively involved in the process," said Mohan Prasad.