How would you maintain a strategic distance from super rubbery shrimp that contracts down to nothing in size? At the point when shrimp is crude, the substance is whitish dark shading. As it cooks, the protein swings to a misty whitish pink shading. This takes around 2 to 3 minutes for each side for this formula. The shrimp should twist up into a free "C" shape when legitimately cooked. On the off chance that they have nestled into a tight "O" shape, at that point you may have gambled overcooking. The shrimp is cooked towards the plain end of this formula to lessen overcooking and drying out of the fish.
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, (16/20 count size)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly grated, plus more if needed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups zucchini, 1/8-inch thick slices cut on a bias
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- zest of one lemon, about 1 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces pappardelle pasta, fresh or dried
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- Bring 3 to 4 quarts of salted water to a boil for the pasta. While the water comes to a boil, prepare the shrimp.
- Season shrimp with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper, stir to combine.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- Add sliced zucchini and sauté for 4 minutes, or until just tender.
- Add the sliced grape tomatoes and sauté for 2 minutes, until just beginning to soften.
- Add ¼ teaspoon salt to the vegetables, and stir to combine. Transfer to a medium sized bowl and reserve.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the pan, and turn heat to medium-low.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes, stir and cook for 2 minutes to ensure that the garlic does not brown or burn. You want the garlic to cook slowly and the flavors to infuse into the oil, turn heat to low if needed.
- Keeping the heat on medium-low, add the seasoned shrimp. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until just pink in color.
- Add lemon juice and zest to the pan, stir to combine.
- Add the cooked zucchini and tomatoes back to the pan, and stir to combine with the shrimp.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook pasta according to manufacturer's directions, until tender.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the shrimp and vegetables. Add more salt and pepper as desired. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.