Bollywood has provided us with a high dosage of films that deal with sensitive issues. The film is released, promotional strategies create a hype, we talk about it for a day or two and then what next? We simply forget about it.
1. Agni Sakshi Manisha Koirala plays the role of a woman who gets beaten by her husband. She tries to escape from her marriage, but her husband finds it out and harms her physically until she files a complaint against him.
2. Daman Raveena Tandon has been away from the limelight but time and again she supports socially relevant topics. In her film Daman also she raised a very bone-chilling social cause. This fetched her a National Award too.
3. Akaash Vani The film is a sweet romance story but it also deeply highlights what wrong things women face in the society. It has a hidden context of how a woman is abused and tortured.
4. Parched Radhika Apte comes up with yet another inspiring film, Parched deals with all sort of social evils that a woman deals with every day. The film has also revolutionised the way women speak up about the age-old traditions.
5. Provoked The story is based on a book with the same name. In the film, Aishwarya Rai gets happily married but soon she has to endure a lot of violence and molestation until she decides to kill her husband.
6. Heaven on Earth The movie has Preity Zinta in the lead role. The film talks about all sort of challenging things a woman faces when she gets married and moves to a completely new country. It is a must watch!
7. Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat Rani portrayed the role of Mala in the film. She angrily slaps a rich spoiled brat in the film and when the incident hits the ego of the man he decides to rape her.
8. 7 Khoon Maaf A film that is considered as one of the best performances delivered by PC on screen. The movie is an adaption of the short story Susanna's Seven Husbands by Ruskin Bond. In the movie.
9. Daraar In this film, Arbaaz plays the role of a psycho lover while Juhi Chawla is his victim.