1. Rajiv Gandhi was born on August 20, 1944 in Mumbai. He was only three years old when India became independent and his grandfather Jawaharlal Nehru became the first Prime Minister of independent India. Rajiv Gandhi spent his childhood with his grandfather in Murthi House.
2. Rajiv Gandhi went to Welle Boys School for some time in Dehradun but soon he was sent to the elite Doon School located in the foothills of the Himalayas. Later, his younger brother Sanjay Gandhi was also sent to this school where the two stayed together. After leaving school, Rajiv went to Trinity College of Cambridge but soon he went to Imperial College in London. He studied mechanical engineering from there but could not complete his course.
3. In 1966, Rajiv Gandhi came to India and by then his mother Indira Gandhi had become the Prime Minister of India. Rajiv Gandhi was very interested in music He liked Western and Hindustan classical and modern music. He was also passionate about radio listening and photography.
Piloting was one of his greatest passion among all the remarkable hobbies. So, he went to Delhi and took pilot training from Flying Club and in 1970 as a pilot, he started working in Indian Airlines. This shows that he was not interested in politics. By now, his brother Sanjay Gandhi had entered politics with his mother.
4. Rajiv met Antonio Albina Meno in London. In 1968, he married Edwiz Antonio Albina Meno in New Delhi and her name became Sonia Gandhi. They have two children, Rahul and Priyanka Gandhi.
5. We all know that Rajiv Gandhi was not interested in politics, but when his younger brother Sanjay Gandhi died in a plane crash on June 23, 1980, he joined the Congress and Contested from amethi In 1981, Rajiv Gandhi was made the president of the Indian Youth Congress for being from Nehru dynasty.
6. Rajiv Gandhi's mother Indira Gandhi was assassinated on October 31, 1984 at the hands of her bodyguard. In 1984, under the leadership of his successor, Rajiv Gandhi, Congress contested Lok Sabha elections and got 404 out of 533 seats due to sympathy. Thus Rajiv Gandhi became the youngest Prime Minister of India at the age of 40.
7. After the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1989, when the government seemed difficult to run the country, then he initiated measures to reduce the licensing raj.
9. Rajiv Gandhi sent the Indian Peace Force to Sri Lanka to help fight the Tamil rebels (LTTE). On 29 July 1987, Rajiv Gandhi and Sri Lankan President JR Jayawardene signed the Indo-Sri Lanka Peace Accord in Colombo. This is why the LTTE also killed him.
Friends, if you like this article then you must follow me